JNTUH M.Tech / M.Pharm / Pharm.D / Pharm.D(PB) / MBA / MCA Guidelines for Conducting Mid Exams and External Lab Exams 2020
The Principals are informed to note that the lab external examinations of M.Tech./M. Pharm, Pharm.D / Pharm.D(PB), MBA / MCA Courses should be either conducted at the Parent College or the college which is in the neighborhood of residence of the student.
In the lines similar to final semester theory exams, the preferences of exam center for writing the lab exams may be collected from the students. These preferences may be uploaded to the University portal on or before 28-10-2020.
Two lab exams of M.Tech. / M.Pharm, Pharm.D / Pharm.D(PB), MBA / MCA. Courses may be preferably conducted on one single day (one exam in FN and one exam in AN) for each student to give comfort to the students. These examination should be held from 07-11-2020 to 10-11-2020.
The mid-term examinations of M.Tech. / M. Pharm, Pharm.D / Pharm.D(PB), MBA / MCA shall be conducted from 06-10-2020 to 11-10-2020 either in the form of viva exam or in the form of online exam.
If the colleges choose to conduct the viva-exam mode, the following guidelines may be followed:
a) Two faculty members should act as examiners for each subject.
b) The viva-exam and the evaluation must be done candidate-wise. c) Two examiners and one student must be in online mode at the same time.
d) All the video proceedings must be recorded.
e) Each examiner should ask minimum five questions for each student.
f) If a student answers a question, to assess the depth of understanding a few ancillary questions on the same question may also be asked.
g) The viva exam questions should asses the conceptual understanding of the subject and should be difficult to predict the questions by the student.
h) The examiners should evaluate independently and submit their marks to head of the dept. or the section/class in-charge. These marks awarded by two examiners are to be averaged to compute the marks of Mid marks of each student.
If the colleges choose to conduct the exams in online mode, the colleges may conduct the exams either in descriptive mode or objective mode. The application/platform to conduct the exam and mode of transfer of student answers/answer sheets need to be identified by the individual colleges only.
There will be no online classes of III semester M. Tech. / MBA courses III & V semesters of MCA courses and Pharm.D/ Pharm.D(PB) courses, during the regular exams scheduled from 12-10- 2020 to 06-11-2020. The Academic calendar will be accordingly modified.
|S.No||Event||Starting Date||Ending Date|
|1||Conducting of I and II Mid Term Examinations For M.Tech. / M.Pharm, MBA/MCA||6thOct 2020||11thOct 2020|
|Conducting of III Mid Term Examinations For Pharm.D /Pharm.D(PB)|
|2||Uploading of I and II Mid Term Examinations marks For M.Tech. / M.Pharm, MBA/MCA||10thNov 2020||11th Nov 2020|
|Uploading of III Mid Term Examination marks For Pharm.D / Pharm.D(PB)|
|3||Uploading of students centre preference for writing External Lab Exams||26thOct 2020||28thOct 2020|
|4||Date of finalization of allotted centers for writing their External Lab Exams and display in portal||31stOct 2020|
|5||Conducting of Lab Externals||7thNov 2020||10thNov 2020|
|6||Uploading External Lab marks||11thNov 2020||12th Nov 2020|
|7||Submission of hard copy of Lab Award lists/ Consolidated Internal Marks||16th Nov 2020|
If any student desires to change the centre, for all such requests, Rs 1000/- per candidate per semester exam is to be transferred to Registrar (Exam Branch) account.
However, if the new centre is in the same cluster or within a distance of 10 kms, such request will not be entertained. Similarly, if in none of the opted centers accommodation is available, another college with in the same cluster will be allotted.
Advisory for the candidates and special instructions regarding Covid-19 to conduct of examination and other important guidelines are enclosed as Annexure to this letter.
Instructions to the Principals to comply with Covid-19 pandemic:
The Principals of the colleges are informed to note the following advisory due to Covid-19 pandemic, while making preparations and conducting the semester examinations:
- All the students and staff members must wear masks while they are on the campus.
- Thermal scanning has to be carried out at the place of entry into the campus to all students and the staff.
- Sanitizers are to be provided at the entrance of the campus/building and the security on-duty must ensure that every staff member / student clean their hand with the liquid sanitizers. The security should allow those, who only wear masks.
- Social distancing measures must be implemented as per Government guidelines in current scenario of Covid-19 to ensure health and safety of the candidates at every place viz. inside the examination halls, places of common amenities like wash rooms and while walking on the roads in the campus.
- Appropriate measures need to be taken to maintain sufficient distancing while operating the college buses.
- All the examination halls and college buses are to be sanitized on regular basis.
- If any student falls sick, he/she should be kept in isolated place; proper care and appropriate first aid treatment must be rendered.
- It is advisable to maintain the same seating plans and seating places for the students who appear for all regular examinations (However this provision may not be feasible to supplementary examinations).
- The examination hall seating arrangements should be such that, only one person per bench is to be allocated (students should be seated either left extreme place or right extreme place on the 3/4 seater bench) and in successive benches the seating may be arranged in zigzag manner, so that the students sitting on successive benches do not sit in one single row.
- Each class room must be allocated to not more than half of the original allotment of students; ie a class room used for 24 students in the earlier semester exams, is to be used for not more than 12 students.
- Students must be permitted to bring their own water bottles and hand sanitizers. Sharing of pens or any other stationary items among the students is strictly prohibited in the exam hall.
Instructions to be followed in the examination hall due to Covid-19 pandemic (by the invigilators):
1. The room invigilators should sign on all the answer student booklets immediately after entering the exam hall and before issuing the booklets to the respective students.
2. The student signature on the Nominal roll need not be taken; instead the invigilator should visit the seat of the student, verify the hall-ticket from a distance, check whether he/she signed on the front page of the answer booklet and ascertain whether he/she sits at the allotted place and put a right mark at the space allocated for student signature in the nominal rolls.
3. Students are permitted to bring their own water bottles and hand sanitizers. Sharing of pens or any other stationary items among the students is strictly prohibited in the exam hall.
4. On completion of the exam, the students should be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. The students should not getup from their seats until advised by the invigilator.